Saturday 30 November 2013
Gov. Obi Set to Start Amansea- Amawbia and Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage way:
Gov. Obi today received from the Minister of Work, Arc Mike Onolememen, the letter from the Federal Government conveying approval to Anambra State Government to reconstruct the Amansea-Amawbia and Upper-Iweka Zik’s Avenue dual carriage way and get reimbursed later.
Receiving the letter personally from the Minister yesterday at Oba, Anambra State, Gov. Obi said that he was very happy about the development. He recalled that he started seeking permission three years ago and expressed satisfaction that he now has the authority to transform the most important road that transversed Anambra State capital, Awka.
On how long it will take to start the Job, Obi said that one of his plans was to complete those portions of the road before living in March, he also said that he had already directed the Commissioner for Works, Arc Callsitus Ilozumba to start the process towards the award of the road and that he must flag it off in less than two weeks. He said the State would also use one of the best contractors for the Job in view of its critical nature as the most important road in the State. Obi said that if the people of the State were happy with what the State Government did at Upper-Iweka, that they would also be happy with what would be done on those portions of the road. He also said he had directed the Ministry of Works to consider for the award, a contractor with the capacity to also work in the night.
On the funding for the project, Obi said that the State was already ready for the project three years ago when it started seeking permission to do it and get refunded. “All the projects you see us flagging off today, including those we shall flag off shortly, such as Three Arms Zone, Nnewi Shopping Mall, among others, were adequately provided for and the money for them set aside. As for the road under question, we have set aside the funding for it, so that one is not a problem at all. May I take this opportunity to inform you that upon all this, and despite not having borrowed any money, we shall leave with over 20 Billion Naira in investment for the State”, Obi said.
Speaking on the development, the State Commissioner for Works, Arc Callistus Ilozumba, said he was delighted over the development because of its benefit to the people of the State and because, according to him, he was privy to the efforts of the Governor to secure the permission for the State to do the road for more than three years. Ilozumba, who said he had summoned the key people in his Ministry to come to the office yesterday, promised that the Ministry would work night and day for the take off of the project.
Caption for the Pic
Gov. Peter Obi (middle), with his Commissioner for Works, Arc Callistus Ilozumba (left), receiving from the Minister of Work, Arc Mike Onolememen (right), the letter from the Federal Government conveying approval to Anambra State Government to reconstruct the Amansea-Amawbia and Upper-Iweka Zik’s Avenue dual carriage at Oba, today