"Trust in Nigeria's Future"

"Trust in Nigeria's Future"
#GOODLUCKNIGERIA2015

Saturday 8 June 2013

Okonkwo warns Governor Obi: “Drop your plan to install a successor, it will never work!”


The pioneer Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Anambra State, Chief Joseph Okonkwo, has advised Governor Peter Obi, to forget installing a successor in the forthcoming governorship election, saying such plan had never worked in the state.
Popularly called Ofia-di-ulu, Okonkwo also debunked the allegation that the national chairman of All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, was his former driver.
He described the report as embarrassing, explaining that Umeh actually served as his special assistant.
The politician advised Governor Obi to complete his tenure successfully, quit honourably, then go and rest.
He said: “I have told Peter Obi not to bother himself about installing his successor. It doesn’t work, particularly in Anambra State and we will not allow it this time around.
“The votes will count and whoever succeeds, wins. Nobody will write result in his room. There is nothing like incumbency factor in Anambra, because there are so many interests and everybody will come out to ensure that only the best emerges as the next governor”.
Okonkwo, a first republic politician, said he was confident that the chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Attahiru Jega, would ensure that Anambra State election was not hijacked by any group.
Commenting on the APGA chairman, he said, “Umeh had worked diligently with me in the past as an assistant and I am proud of him.”
“I read in a newspaper where the Obi people said Victor Umeh was my driver. That is a complete fallacy.”
“The truth is that Victor was never my driver, he was my special assistant.”
Speaking further, “He is my boy, my product and I am proud of him. He has now installed two governors in his party, APGA, and these are what he learnt from me.”
Okonkwo recalled that he once told Obi to call Nwobu-Alor (the governor’s associate) to order because Nwobu-Alor has personal grouse with Victor Umeh which was connected to him years back.
“I told Peter to go back and work with Victor because he is a hard-working young man and that he should enjoy the fruit of his labour.”
“Victor has been an educated estate manager before he went into politics. I still urge Obi to go and reconcile with Victor,” he added.
Send your press release/articles/enquiries to: faceofagulu@gmail.com OR  info@faceofagulu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment