"Trust in Nigeria's Future"

"Trust in Nigeria's Future"
#GOODLUCKNIGERIA2015

Saturday 15 June 2013

Nollywood wedding saga: ‘The actor undergoing emotional healing’

*Solomon AkiyesiNollywood actor, Solomon Akiyesi who was in the news for the wrong reason about two months ago when he got involved in an aborted wedding at a living Church in Lagos, has decided to bury the hatchet and allow peace to reign in his home again.
This is because, according to the actor, the healing process in respect of the damage caused by the scandal is in progress, and talking about the incident again will only amount to opening old wounds and hurting the sensibilities of the parties involved.
*Solomon Akiyesi
Solomon had attempted to get married to one UlomaAgwu in Overcomers Church, Surulere, Lagos, when Lilian, his alleged legal wife stormed the wedding venue with her family and some thugs to disrupt the ceremony, claiming that Solomon was legally married to her, and that she was pregnant for him.
The incident made headlines in major national dailies and soft-sell magazines. But the embattled Solomon reportedly blamed his action on his wife’s nagging attitude which he said, almost made him commit suicide.
Chatting with HVP, via facebook during the week, Solomon said “ The wedding incident is not something I wanna tender in public again. The healing process is going on for all involved including myself. So, I wouldn’t want to open old wounds and hurt anybody’s sensibility now.”
On how the scandal affected his career, the embattled actor said, “My career is my career. I don’t allow personal missteps to affect whatever I’m doing. If I could be on set when the favourite person in my life, my mother died, I doubt if anything else can stop the show from going on. This is my passion.” Solomon is currently on location in Abuja.
 By Benjamin Njoku

No comments:

Post a Comment