There are reports of a Kenyan pastor who has ordered all female congregants to go to the church 'free' - That is without bras and panties for Christ to enter their lives.
According to kenyan-post.com, Reverend Njohi of the Lord's Propeller Redemption Church in Nairobi reportedly advised female worshippers against wearing any undergarments to the church, calling them ungodly.
In a meeting chaired by him, a law was passed banning the wearing of inner wears. Njohi claims that when going to church, people need to be free in 'body' and 'spirit' to receive Christ.
He went ahead to warn members of dire consequences if they secretly put on their inner wears. A member of the church who pleaded anonymity said at last Sunday's service, women dressed as the pastor had ordered without bras and panties.
Mothers were also advised to do same and check their daughters when coming to church on Sundays so as to receive Christ too.
Former Pope Benedict, in one of the few times he has broken
his silence since stepping down nearly a year ago, has branded as
"absurd" fresh media speculation that he was forced to quit.
Church law says a pope's resignation is valid only if he takes the decision in full freedom and without pressure from others. "There is absolutely no doubt regarding the validity of my resignation
from the Petrine ministry," Benedict, 86, who now has the title "pope
emeritus," said in a letter to the Italian website Vatican Insider
published on Wednesday. "The only condition for the validity of
my resignation is the complete freedom of my decision. Speculation
regarding its validity is simple absurd," he wrote in answer to a
request by the website for comment on recent Italian media reports. Benedict announced his decision to resign on February 11, 2013 and
formally stepped down on February 28, becoming the first pope in 600
years to do so. Two weeks later, Francis was elected the first
non-European pope in 1,300 years.
Benedict said at the time
that he was stepping down because he no longer had the physical and
spiritual strength to run the 1.2 billion member Church and that his
decision had been taken in full freedom.
Earlier this month on the day after the first anniversary of the
announcement of the resignation, Italian newspaper Libero ran a long
story reviving speculation that Benedict may have been forced to resign
because of scandals in the Vatican. In 2012, Benedict's butler was arrested for leaking sensitive documents
alleging corruption among Vatican prelates and irregularities in
Vatican finances. Italian
media at the time reported that a faction of prelates who wanted to
discredit Benedict and pressure him to resign was behind the leaks. The
Vatican has always denied this. Libero also suggested that Benedict chose to continue to wear white because he still felt like he was a pope.
Benedict, who lives in near-total isolation inside a former
convent on the Vatican grounds, was also asked about this and responded: "I continue to wear a white cassock and kept the name Benedict for
purely practical reasons. At the moment of my resignation there were no
other cloths available. In any case, I wear the white cassock in a
visibly different way to how the Pope (Francis) wears it. This is
another case of completely unfounded speculation." In an
interview with Reuters earlier this month, Benedict's personal
secretary, Archbishop Georg Ganswein, said the former pope saw his main
function now as helping the Church and his successor through prayer. Benedict has only responded to a few letters in the past year and has
appeared in public only a handful of times. The latest was last Saturday
when he attended a ceremony in St Peter's Basilica when Pope Francis
created new cardinals.
It is no more news that the relationship between Fuji maestro, Sir
Shina Peters, and Nollywood icon, Clarion Chukwura, produced celebrated
music video director, Clarence Peters. But what some may not know is
that Clarence started having to relate with his father well about five
years ago.
The young peters disclosed recently that it was about five years ago that he began understanding his dad’s person.
Clarence said “I started having a relationship with him five years
ago. When one starts having a relationship with one’s father when one is
older, one tends to understand a lot of things about him which one will
not understand as a kid. I understand a lot of his mistakes; I relate
with his mistakes and empathise with them. I understand where he was
coming from. When we have discussions now, I understand the
conversations more, which I am not sure I would have if I were still a
kid.
There were no picnics or walk-in-the park stories between my father
and I, but there are many things to gain and learn from his wealth of
experience as an artiste and a man. Our relationship is more on the
standpoint of his wealth of knowledge in the arts and as an artiste. We
have an artistic relationship.”
Asked he was attracted to his father’s works “I am not attracted to
my father’s body of works. I am mostly attracted to his choice of percussion and the melodies. I am enthralled by the way he does it. I
think my father’s best performance for me was when I was in his house
one day. There was no light and he was drinking a bottle of Gulder. He
took his acoustic guitar and played for an hour. I know that he has not
done his best work yet. Nigerians are ready for him to do his best work
but he doesn’t believe they are ready for him. Those who know him will
agree that he has not done his best work.
The story that was put in the press was that Toba Falode, the only son of iconic sports journalist Aisha Falode died
in a car accident but that's not how he died. According to a close
family friend I spoke with, Toba, a student of SAE Institute in Dubai,
was pushed from a 17-storey building by an Arab guy last week. Heard he
held on to the railings for a few minutes after he was pushed, but
eventually fell. The Dubai police have yet to arrest anyone for his
murder. More details later...
Still quite trending... After the video of Saga Bonaventure ft. Bosalin - Ujo Adiatum [prod. by Nkwa Smith] this video still trends as its local filled and street strict concept still remains outstanding. The genre is 21st Century #Igbo #RnB. video here..
President Goodluck Jonathan said the 2nd Niger Bridge would commence
before Governor Peter Obi leaves office on the 17th of March, 2014 in
view of how passionately the Governor had pursued the project. He was
speaking today when he paid a courtesy visit to the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe
Alfred Achebe at his Ime Obi palace in Onitsha.
The president
who said he was on the way from Unity rally by the PDP at Imo State,
described Anambra State and people as very lucky to have Peter Obi as
there Governor. He said that even in an era other Governors are owing
banks and raising bonds, that Governor Obi was one Governor that is not
owing any financial institution in Nigeria in spite of his giant
achievements in the State. He said that though he would be leaving
office, but that he would still remain a member of his Economic
Management Team.
The President thanked the people of the State
for their support to him and contributions to the growth and
development of Nigeria.
Earlier in his welcome address, Igwe
Achebe thanked him for his support and love for the Government and
people of Anambra State and appealed to him to extend the same love to
the incoming Governor, Dr. Willie Obiano.
The Monarch also thanked him for the on going work in Zik's final resting place. His words:
"There are many more things to be grateful to your government for, but
let me single out the construction of Zik’s Mausoleum, which is now
nearing completion after some sixteen years of delays, dilly-dallying
and cat and mouse games between successive governments at both state and
federal levels. It will go down in history that it was your
administration that had the determination and zeal to finally give our
beloved Right Honorable, Chief Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Owelle-Osowa
Onitsha, first President of Nigeria, and Zik's of Africa, a befitting
resting place. Mr. President, we cannot thank you enough for this
gesture. "
While pointing out to the president some specific
problems in the country, including the Boko Haram insurgency, general
security challenges and corruption, he appealed to him to remain
focused on his Transformation Agenda, assuring him of prayers of Anambra
People and constructive advice at all times. Commending the President
for the courage to convoke a National Dialogue, he said it was an
opportunity to deliberate for the good of the country and not for her
dismemberment.
Commending Governor Peter Obi for enthroning
civility in governance and peace in Anambra State, the Monarch told the
President that he would need the services of people of integrity and
commitment as Peter Obi. "I cannot resist mentioning once more our
indefatigable outgoing governor, Mr. Peter Obi. Your Excellency, you
know and we know that Peter Obi is your greatest supporter and pillar of
strength in the entire South –East, and will count amongst the few that
believe most in you in the entire country. Shall we call him you
younger brother or even your son? He will now become fully available when
he leaves office next month and we urge you to take him close to you
and deploy him effectively, particularly in the immediate period ahead.
We assure that he will be an even greater asset to you now that he is
free from the burdens of State governance," the Monarch concluded.
In his vote of thanks, Gov. Peter Obi assured the President of continued support by the People of Anambra State.
A fetus was found on the floor of a female hostel bathroom at a
university in Nigeria today. The student who sent the pic told me it
happened in her school but I wasn't able to confirm this really happened
in the school so I'm going to leave the name of the university and
hostel out of this report for now until I have more details. The foetus
was found by another female student who raised the alarm. Find it after
the cut...*viewer discretion advised*... SOURCE
Lil Wayne's
return home to New Orleans for NBA All-Star weekend turned tragic after
a close friend was fatally shot by police on Sunday morning. A
representative from the New Orleans Police Department confirmed with
MTV News that 31-year old Keith "Magic" Atkinson was shot four times on
Sunday after police officer Jonathan Hirdes responded to a shoplifting
call from a store at 9:18 a.m. in the Hollygrove section of the city where Wayne grew up.
The whole incident reportedly stemmed over a stolen bottle of juice.
Police
are saying that a .45-caliber gun was found lying next to Atkinson's
body, but detectives are investigating the circumstances which led to
the fatal shooting.
"What could he have done to deserve that in broad open daylight," Atkinson's father, Keith Joseph told WDSU News as
he stood on the scene."You got 20 casings on the ground from one police
and witnesses saying he emptied the clip in him. Stood over him," he
continued.
While
police are still trying to determine what happened, Lil Wayne and other
friends allege that police mistook Atkinson's drink for a gun. (Neither
Wayne nor Mack Maine were on the scene.) After the incident he posted.
Dear smokers who live in Lagos state, governor Fashola has signed the No Smoking in Public Places Bill into law. It means it is now illegal to lit your cigarettes in public places e.g public toilets, museums, nurseries, any facility used for the care of children etc. According to the law, people who smoke in public places will risk a 3-year jail term. Owners of establishments must also put a 'No Smoking' sign around their property or face 6 months imprisonment or N100,000 fine.
Corporate organizations that don't place the ‘No Smoking’ sign within its premises, would be liable to N250, 000 fine.
The best part is, anyone who smokes in the presence of a child shall be liable on conviction to a fine of N15, 000 or 1 month imprisonment. I love this. Second hand smoking is just as dangerous!
Former Miss USA and Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kenya Moore, who
claims she’s dating an Africa prince and was in Lagos for Valentine, has
hired D’banj to be her boyfriend in the reality show reunion show.
Here is the report from MediaTakeOut
MediaTakeOut.com just received some extra steaming hot tea surrounding Kenya, and the upcoming Real Housewives reality show.
We spoke exclusively to a Bravo insider that told us that Bravo has
just set up taping for the reunion everyone is scheduled to attend, each
lady and their husband.
And we’re told that while Porsha does not have a guest/husband, Kenya
Moores will be bringing a guest. Word is she wants to help secure her
spot for another season so she has in fact hired an African prince.
According to another person close to Kenya, she has contracted to
bring in Nigerian singer D’Banj to the reunion. And by “contracted” we
mean a business deal . . . she has hired him to pretend to be her
boyfriend. D’Banj is a popular singer in Nigeria, and he and Kenya have
done appearances together before – but they are not in any kind of
relationship . . . and he did not buy her any type of car.
Kenya promised D’Banj $40K, plus promotion, to LIE on TV and pretend
to be her boyfriend, D’banj happens to be the African Prince now,
anyway i don’t see anything wrong in paying someone to date you or being
paid to be dated, that’s the real thing….